This tiramisu cake recipe is a richly flavored layering of espresso-soaked cake and whipped Kahlua filling.
Zach and I love tiramisu.
Whenever we go out for a special occasion we are typically scoping out restaurants that offer tiramisu on the dessert menu.
I started making this recipe for our anniversary shortly after we were married.
Several tweaks here and there and 8 years later it is one of our favorites! It looks beautiful when dusted with cocoa or topped with shaved chocolate, and the delicious layers of coffee-soaked cake and Kahlua whipped filling make it a winner every time!
for an extra delicious taste make espresso instead of using instant coffee. I personally like to use our automated espresso machine.
Shop our coffee bar favorites below!
This recipe is a must-have for special occasions. Beautiful when presented and yummy when tasted – tiramisu lovers will not want to miss this!
Tiramisu Cake Recipe
MY COOKING PHILOSOPHY IS TO KEEP IT HEALTHY AND EASY.
RECIPES AT HAMMERS N HUGS WILL INCLUDE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT CAN OFTEN BE FROZEN AND HAVE BEEN TESTED AND APPROVED BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
For more coffee recipes be sure to check out:
PIN any of the images below!
- 1 box white cake mix will need eggs & veg oil
- 4 tsp instant decaf coffee
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Kahlua
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c powdered sugar
- Prepare the cake mix as instructed on the box. Add 3 tsp instant decaf coffee to the cake batter and mix.
- Divide evenly into 3 greased 9 inch cake pans. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350F. Let cool completely.
- Combine the remaining 1 t instant decaf coffee with ¼ c water and 1 T Kahlua. Set aside.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese, ½ c powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp Kahlua until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate.
- Whip 2 c heavy whipping cream, ¼ c powdered sugar, and 1 t vanilla until peaks form. Add ½ c of the frosting to the filling and mix.
- Refrigerate. Place the first cake on a cake stand or whatever plate you will serve it on. Poke holes with a meat fork and brush reserved coffee mix over the cake.
- Spread half of the filling mix on top. Repeat with the next two layers.
- Pour any remaining coffee mix over the top layer of cake. Spread frosting over entire cake. Garnish with semi-sweet chocolate or dust with cocoa as desired. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.